Each month, KS brings you five of the hottest tips
1. Cozy up with Mother Nature in an urban sanctuary like Minato No Mori Park in Kobe. Just a few blocks from Sannomiya Station, this grassy field has a skate park with ramps where there’s bound to be some late-night action to keep you entertained.
2. Head to late night establishments where staff on the graveyard shift will be only too happy to welcome you. Some great downtown options are: the trusty Bar Zerro in Osaka, Jam Hostel + Sake Bar in Kyoto and Mickey’s Club in Kobe.
3. While away time singing your favorite tunes. Karaoke is one of Japan’s favorite pastimes, so you’re guaranteed to find a bar just around the corner from wherever you wind up. Most karaoke bars sell food, so you can grab a midnight snack along with those epic singalongs.
4. Curl up in a cozy izakaya booth and order a feast to share with your crew. If you are flying solo for the night, hit up a standing ramen shop and get your slurp on with no shame in your game.
5. Head to a public bath to clean up and relax after a night of bar hopping or dancing. The phenomenal Spa World in Osaka, for example, charges only ¥1300 more to use the facilities from midnight to 5am.